Leeds Bradford Airport’s (LBA) 'Route to 2030' Strategic Development Plan (SDP) sets out a Masterplan to inform stakeholders and the local community of the airport’s likely growth and development to 2030.
Key headlines of the SDP are:
- Timely expansion of the terminal building to deliver a two storey extension (planning permission secured)
- Additional investment in terminal infrastructure
- Expansion of aircraft stands, boarding gates and new taxiways
- Upgraded airport entrance and commercial gateway development (both currently the subject of of a planning application)
- Development of a ‘Commercial Hub’ and hotel in close proximity to the terminal
- Rail connectivity linking Leeds, Bradford, Harrogate and York including ‘Parkway’ station and Tram Train / Light Rail options
- Upgraded road access to LBA (currently in consultation)
- Public transport and car parking enhancements
The ‘Route to 2030’ Strategic Development Plan replaces LBA’s 2005 Masterplan. It has been prepared in accordance with the Government’s 2013 Aviation Policy Framework. Alongside the SDP sits the Surface Access Strategy (SAS) which has also been updated to set out short, medium and long term plans for improving surface transport to the region.
Both documents may be downloaded below:
The public consultation period ran from 3 March 2016 to 30 April 2016 and the airport arranged a series of locations for the documents to be viewed during that time.
Full details are available by clicking here. The consultation period is now closed.