The Leeds Bradford Airport Consultative Committee Meeting (ACC) is held quarterly and acts as a formal link between LBA and our neighbouring communities.
The Committee was established in line with Section 35 of the Civil Aviation Act 1982 and follows Government guidelines for Airport Consultative Committees.
The Committee is made up of representatives from the airport, the local community and local trade and industry bodies. The chair of the committee, Michael Goodwin, was nominated by the airport board of directors but is independent to both the airport and the local representatives. Officers of the airport also attend to give reports on other matters of interest to the committee.
View the minutes from 21 September 2017
The meetings are held at the airport and are open to both press and members of the public.
Dates of upcoming meetings - Airedale House
- 14 December 2017 at 10:30 - 12:30
- 29 March 2018 at 14:30 - 16:30
- 21 June 2018 at 10:30 - 12:30
- 20 September at 14:30 - 16:30
- 13 December at 10:30 - 12:30
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I attend the meetings?
Consultative Committee meetings are open to members of the press and the general public who may attend to observe. It is helpful to know if any observers plan to attend in advance for numbers and seating arrangements. We ask that you notify the Committee secretary.
Requests for membership of the Committee should be made in writing to:-
Mr Michael Goodwin
Chairman, Leeds Bradford Airport Consultative Committee
c/o Business Administration Team
Leeds Bradford Airport
Guidance for those wishing to apply
- You should represent a relevant community/group/organisation.
- You should be able to evidence a written constitution and documented membership.
- You should provide regular feedback to the organisation, community or constituency you represent.
- In the case of councillors, councillors should represent both their constituency and the wider public interest.
- All relevant applications are considered by the Committee and the applicant shall be notified of its decision in due course.
How can my voice be heard?
- Contact the council representative on the Committee
- Contact your local representative on the Committee
- Contact the Chairman
Councillors representing both their constituency and the wider public interest:
Leeds City Council - Cllr P Wadsworth
Bradford Metropolitan District Council - Cllr A Ross-Shaw
North Yorkshire County Council - Cllr C Trotter
Calderdale Council - Cllr C Pillai
Kirklees - Cllr P McBride
Wakefield - Cllr Matthew Morley
Yorkshire Local Councils Association:
Cllr N Fawcett & Cllr I Greenberg
(Local community, local trade and industry bodies and relevant community organisations)
Deputy Chairman of the Committee - Mr M Dobson
Bradford Chamber of Commerce - Mr M Cartwright / Mr R Allan
Private Flying/Aero Club Members (including commercial aircraft and helicopters) - Mr S Borrowdale
Harrogate District Chamber of Commerce - Mr B Dunsby
Support Group - Mrs H Ruane
Airline Operators - Mr P Ward
Menston Neighbourhood Forum and Community Association - Mr A Elsegood
Bramhope and Carlton Parish Council - Cllr J Howard
Burley Parish Council - Mr P Jenkins
Horsforth Town Council - Cllr I Scott
Otley Town Council - Cllr P Robinson
Pool Parish Council - Cllr M Finley
Rawdon Parish Council - Cllr J Davies
Welcome to Yorkshire - Sir Gary Verity
Aireborough Neighbourhood Forum - Mr K Cothliff
Local Residents Representative - Horsforth End of Runway - Cllr S Glover
Yeadon Constituents - Cllr C Campbell
Local Industry Representative(s) - Mr D Gagen
Regional Trades Union Congress - Mr R Bedford
Should you wish to contact any of the above representatives, please contact the Committee Secretary
For further information
If you require further information about the Committee or Committee membership, please contact:-
Secretary to the Leeds Bradford Airport Consultative Committee
Leeds Bradford Airport
Telephone 0871 288 2288 *
Fax 0113 250 5426
* Calls are charged at 13 pence per minute from a BT landline. Calls from mobiles and other networks may vary.