Airport Company Positions:
Salary £21- £23,000 per annum
40 Hours per week, Monday to Friday
Leeds Bradford International Airport (LBIA) now welcomes over 3 million passengers through our doors and is growing quickly. We are committed to employing high quality people who are ambitious and want to be part of our exciting development plans whilst delivering outstanding customer service to our airlines, business partners and passengers.
To support the growth and increase in passenger numbers, Leeds Bradford International Airport is now recruiting a Facilities Supervisor to join our established Asset team.
This new and exciting role will be key in supervising the cleaning department throughout the Airport community. Delivering a safe & comfortable environment for passengers and staff, you will interact with passengers and business partner’s daily, delivering excellent customer service. You will assist with the co-ordination of all daily facilities operations. You will be responsible for assisting with the day to day organisation of the on-site team and external contractors providing first line facilities support. You will also play a key role in developing strategies and innovative operational delivery.
• Supervise the shift of Cleaners by allocating working areas and duties.
• Review and implement cleaning regimes to enable our teams to deliver a best in class service.
• Deliver Tool Box Talks programme as agreed with Line Manager and ensure all direct reports are trained and competent
• Develop and implement SLA’s for our teams to create a measurable auditing schedule and MI data.
• Co-ordinate and manage the stock ordering process for cleaning consumables in line with agreed budgets, looking for efficiencies and best value.
• Monitor performance of the cleaning team and escalate performance issues to Line Manager
• Produce monthly rota for the cleaning team ensuring continuity of service within agreed budgets.
• Develop and manage the Engineer Fault Reporting system including ownership of call allocation and first line response to customers
• Take responsibility for the control of contractors to the airport ensuring that any works, planned or reactive are carried out by competent personnel and in line with airport policy.
• Support the Facilities & Property Manager in developing a best in class FM & PM service capable of competing in the open market.
• Ensure statutory obligations are met and appropriate records are in place.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in Facilities Management
• Previous supervisory experience within Soft FM ideally within the cleaning environment
• IOSH Managing Safely
• Clear, confident communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people both written and verbal.
• Analytical thinker with demonstrable problem solving skills
• Educated to high GCSE/A Level standard
• Team player with an enthusiastic attitude
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or Recruitment Department, Leeds Bradford International Airport, Whitehouse Lane, Leeds, LS19 7TU. The closing date for applications is 12pm noon on Friday 7 November 2014.
Capacity & Project Planner (CPP)
Salary: £25,000 - 28,000 p.a.
Based: Leeds Bradford International Airport
This new role will support the strategic development objectives of LBIA through informing the business of investment scope, quality and programming requirements. Reporting to the Head of Development, you will assist in the planning and management of major capital initiatives through your ability to model passenger movement scenarios and develop innovative solutions, delivering best value for LBIA.
The role will include:
• Development and management of LBIA’s capacity thermometer, enabling the business to understand current performance and inform major long-term capital investment programmes.
• Using mathematical and computer simulation models to forecast the effects of technological/layout improvements, policy changes and/or public transport schemes;
• Designing and interpreting passenger flow surveys;
• Writing clear reports and presenting options and recommendations on solutions to any problems;
• Involvement in LBIA’s strategic development agenda, including the publication of master planning documents.
• Assessing infrastructure requirements of new developments to support planning applications or to inform local authority development plans;
• Planning and project management of capital development projects
• Managing studies and projects undertaken by external parties, often within tight time and budget limits;
• Liaising and negotiating with different parties, e.g. internal and external stakeholders, in the development of capital project solutions.
Through undertaking this role, you will:
• Work in the front line of the business, dealing with business partners, control authorities, passengers and airlines and behind the scenes with our management and support teams, driving customer experience and management of the business
• Work as part of a team to deliver results.
To apply you must have the following:
• Qualifications demonstrating a strong mathematical aptitude.
• Sound understanding of the major airport processes.
• Understand the principle elements of airport design.
• Experience or understanding of using both dynamic and static passenger modelling techniques.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to present results in written or verbal form to a varied audience.
• High level of competency with MS Office applications (especially excel) and Autodesk Software.
You must also demonstrate the following attributes:
• Interest in working in a dynamic customer services environment.
• Embrace the desire to learn in a challenging fast paced airport environment.
• Show good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a multi-skilled team.
• Be open to new learning experiences and a track record of taking ownership of their own development.
• Have a great aptitude for problem solving and innovation.
• Be an authentic, open and strong communicator.
• Aspire to deliver outstanding results.
To apply for this position please send a copy of your CV along with a Covering Letter to: Bev Walker, Human Resources Department, Leeds Bradford Airport, Whitehouse Lane, Yeadon, Leeds, LS19 7TU or to Bev.Walker@lbia.co.uk
Closing Date for Applications is: 10am on Friday 21 November 2014
To download an application form please click here
Other On - Airport Positions
Travel Retail Consultants/ Sales Advisors
Leeds Bradford International Airport
Casual Workers Contract, offering Flexible work patterns.
Blackjack Promotions is the largest providers of travel retail agency staff across UK Airports. We pride ourselves on delivering high quality, flexible staffing solutions; ensuring that passengers have an excellent experience when travelling through the Tax Free Stores. Simply put, our teams are there to make the journey and the brand experience the best it can be.
We are looking for sales and customer service staff to work within World Duty Free stores at Heathrow Airport. Our sales staff are there to deliver great customer service, driving sales and promoting products, within all departments.
We are looking for staff with experience in a sales driven role, comfortable working under pressure, and within a target driven environment. Aside from this, we are looking for that extra special something in you that shows you have what it takes to shine. We are also keen to see beauty / make up trained staff, performers, and language speakers, specifically Russian, Nigerian, Mandarin, Spanish and Norwegian.
We work with a variety of brands including: M.A.C, Estee Lauder, Lancôme, Bacardi, Diageo and Lindt to name a very few.
The Airport is busy, multi-tasking is essential and the hours can be long, so you must be happy to be working on your feet, and sometimes at a fast pace.
Communication is also important to us; we need our team to have excellent communication skills, both written and verbally in the English language.
Most importantly, we look for people who have a passion for delivering great service, who enjoy helping others, and who are naturally happy, smiley people.
Applicants will need;
• An ability to deliver excellent standards of customer service.
• To possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
• To be smart and professional in appearance.
• To be polite and courteous to passengers and colleagues.
• To be approachable at all times and ready to help.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK, must undertake a CRC (Criminal record check) and provide us with a 5 year checkable referencing history.
Due to the hours of working; all applicants must be over 18 years of age.
PLEASE INCLUDE A COVERING LETTER WITH YOUR APPLICATION TELLING US WHAT MAKES YOU SUITABLE FOR THE ROLE.
Synergy Promotions Ltd
(Promotions agency, providing staff for World Duty Free shop floor)
Fragrance & Skincare Consultants
Located at Leeds Bradford Airport Duty Free Shop.
Applicants must be reliable, confident, approachable and keen to excel in Sales. Key busy days are Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Availability to work a minimum of 3-5 shifts per week including weekends is essential. 5 year references and security checks required.
Hours of work:
Typical shifts times are 5am - 11am, 11am – 5pm,
Generally all shifts are 6hrs long.
£10 per hour
Email CV’s to reply to this ad: firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service Agent
Arrow Cars is one of the UK’s largest Private Hire companies.
As part of our continued expansion, we are looking for a reliable individual to work as a Customer Service Agent at our call centre in Horsforth, Leeds and potentially at our office at Leeds Bradford International Airport.
The successful applicant must be:
• Flexible - Must be able to work days, evenings and weekends
• Hard working
• Computer literate
• Excellent communication skills
MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF 5 YEARS WORK EXPERIENCE
Shift available: Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat evenings (approximate shift times 5pm - 2am TBC)
Excellent rate of pay for the suitable applicant
JOB PROGRESSION OPPORTUNITY FOR THE CORRECT CANDIDATE
Please email your CV in the first instance to email@example.com
Please insert the word ARROWAUG14 into the subject box when emailing.
Job reference: ARROWAUG14
Position Title: Sales Consultant
Location - Leeds Bradford Airport
Working hours – Flexible up to 36 Hrs
Salary – £11,500, rising to £12,000 after six months
Join our friendly team at Leeds Bradford airport, buying and selling foreign currency. Enthusiastic about providing the best customer service, you will welcome our customers and identify their needs. You’ll promote our range of financial and travel products, such as Cash Passport, travel insurance and phone cards. You’ll enjoy achieving and exceeding targets.
Our basic annual salary starts at £11,500, rising to £12,000 after six months. With our great incentives and bonus scheme, you can earn even more.
The shift pattern is 4 days on and 4 days off, with 2 additional days per month. So, on average, you work just 17 days in a month. The earliest time you will start is 04:10 and the latest time you will finish is 23:00.
Car parking at the airport is totally free for our team and with the shift times you will miss traffic on most occasions. A free uniform is also supplied.
Leeds Bradford International Airport is busy and vibrant throughout the year. As part of an ongoing expansion plan, the airport is currently undergoing major improvements. This renovation, both within Travelex and the airport as a whole, will provide a more pleasant customer experience, a better working environment for the staff and may lead to future job opportunities and further career development. We offer comprehensive training, ongoing coaching and career opportunities throughout the Travelex group.
Knowledge and Skills:
This varied role will draw on your selling, customer service, communication, attention to detail and numeracy skills.
Ideally, you’ll have a retail, sales or customer service background. Experience working with foreign currencies is not essential, as full training will be provided.
Successful candidates must pass a numeracy test, be able to provide a 5-year checkable history, plus pass credit and criminal record checks. Please ensure that you can travel to and from the airport for the specified shift times before applying.
We kindly request candidates to apply on to this link: