Should you wish to make a complaint, you should follow the procedure set out in clause 3 below which will ensure that your complaint is brought promptly to the attention of Leeds Bradford Airport Limited (Company) staff.
1. THE COMPANY’S LIABILITY
Airport car parks are open to the public. The Company, its employees and agents reserve the right to refuse entry to the Airport car parks where there are good reasons to do so.
The Company cannot guarantee the security of your vehicle or its contents. Accordingly the Company, its employees and agents, will not accept responsibility for:
1.1 any loss or theft of or from or misdelivery of or temporary failure to deliver or damage to any vehicle or its contents however caused and or
1.2 the death of or personal injury sustained by customers and others in the Airport car parks however caused
save where the same is due to the negligence, wilful act or default or breach of statutory duty of the Company, its employees or agents or where such responsibility cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
- Entry to and egress from the Airport car parks should be obtained only through the designated entrances and exits and along designated routes.
- Where there is a height restrictor or signage at or prior to the entrance to Airport car parks, the relevant car park is for use by vehicles meeting the stated height or other requirements only.
- Customers should park vehicles only within designated bays, within authorised areas and so as not to cause obstruction.
- Bays reserved for disabled drivers should be used by disabled drivers only and vehicles parked in such bays must display appropriate disabled badges. Disabled drivers will be charged at the rate of parking charges applicable to the car park they are using.
3. COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
Should your vehicle suffer damage whilst in the Airport car parks or should you lose the vehicle or any of its contents whilst it is in the Airport car parks, you should:
- immediately inform a member of the Company’s staff at the Airport Information Desk and report the occurrence to the Police;
- in case of theft, immediately inform the Police; and
- notify your insurers promptly.
If, having checked clause 1 above, you believe you have a claim against the Company you must, within 72 hours of discovery of the loss or damage, give written notice providing full details of the occurrence to the Car Parks Operations Manager, Leeds Bradford Airport Limited, Leeds LS19 7TU.
4. SECURING YOUR VEHICLE
Before you leave the car park, please ensure that:
- your vehicle is fully and securely locked.
- all windows and the sunroof of your vehicle are securely closed.
- if your vehicle is fitted with a steering lock or similar device that it is engaged.
- Wherever possible please take your possessions with you when you leave your vehicle.
- If you have to leave possessions in your vehicle, do not leave them where they are visible and ensure that they are as secure as possible.
6. COURTESY TO OTHER CUSTOMERS
If you damage another customer’s vehicle please report the matter immediately to a member of the Company’s staff at the Airport Information Desk and give them the registration numbers of both vehicles.
7. SAFETY IN THE CAR PARK
- Please drive carefully in the car parks and obey the directional signs. Vehicles should not be driven at a speed greater than 10 miles per hour.
- After you have parked your vehicle please proceed directly to the nearest exit, which is signposted. Please keep a careful eye on children accompanying you and do not permit them to play in the car parks.
- Any caravans or large vehicles should report to the Airport Information Desk and ask for a member of Company staff. Such vehicles should not attempt to enter or exit from the car parks without such a staff member being present and authorising such entry or exit.
- The Company reserves the right to close or control the rate of access to any of the Airport car parks where it has good reasons to do so including where it considers it necessary for safe and efficient management thereof.
- Where a token is issued it is available only for the vehicle in respect of which it is issued. A token does not entitle the customer to any particular space in the car park or to priority over other customers.
- In the interests of security of customers’ vehicles, the Company reserves the right to refuse to release any vehicle in respect of which a token has been issued except on production of the parking token until it has made such enquiries as it considers reasonable. Failure to produce your token will therefore delay your departure.
- Customers who cannot produce their parking tokens on departure will be charged at the lost token rate from time to time.
- In the interests of security, tokens should not be left inside vehicles.
- Where a car park has automatic number plate recognition in operation, a token will not be issued.
Persons who enter into a contract with the Company for the parking of a vehicle in an Airport car park, whether by purchasing a token or otherwise, do so on behalf of themselves and all other persons having any proprietary possessory or other financial or material interest in the vehicle and its contents.
10. MOVING OF VEHICLES
10.1 The Company reserves the right (where it is lawful for the Company to do so) to move any vehicle within the car park by driving or otherwise to such extent as the Company may reasonably think necessary to avoid obstruction or for the more efficient arrangement of its parking facilities.
10.2 The Company additionally reserves the right (where it is lawful for the Company to do so) where the car parks have to be closed either permanently or temporarily in whole or in part or have to be evacuated in cases of emergency, to remove any vehicle at any time to any other reasonably convenient car park within the control of the Company.
10.3 To the extent that it may be necessary and lawful so to do in the exercise of the rights conferred upon the Company under this clause, the Company shall have the right to drive or otherwise take the vehicle on the public highway.
11. RIGHT TO RETAIN POSSESSION OF VEHICLE
A vehicle in the Airport car parks may be retained by the Company as security for all and any charges and or other monies due or accruing from the customer to the Company such security to be in existence whenever the vehicle is in the car parks notwithstanding that it may from time to time have been removed from the car parks. If such security is not satisfied by payment, within 28 days of notice given by the Company of its intention to sell the vehicle in default of payment, the Company may sell the vehicle and the proceeds of sale may be applied in and towards satisfaction of all sums owing to the Company by the customer including the expenses of the sale. The Company shall be entitled to charge reasonable garage and or other storage charges in respect of the period during which the vehicle is in the Company's possession. Any balance of the sale proceeds remaining after satisfaction of such sums shall be held by the Company on behalf of the registered owner of the vehicle.
Notice of intention aforesaid shall be deemed to have been properly and sufficiently given by the sending of written notice by prepaid post, addressed to the registered owner at his last known address, whether or not the same is actually received.
The user of the car parks agrees to compensate the Company in respect of any claim by a third party arising out of the use of the car parks by, or any act or omission of, the user, his employees, agents or passengers whatsoever other than claims which are attributable to wilful misconduct or negligence on the part of the Company.
13. BUSINESS USE
13.1 Where the user of the car park(s) enters or uses the Airport car park(s) in connection with the operation of a business by the user it is deemed to warrant the following each time it enters the car park(s):
- It has all necessary consents in place for, and complies with all legal requirements governing, the operation of the business in respect of which it enters or uses the Airport car park(s);
- It has all appropriate insurances in place including, without limitation, third party, employer’s, public liability and motor insurances; and
- The vehicles used within the Airport car park(s) are fully taxed and, where appropriate, have MOT certificates and the drivers of the vehicles hold appropriate licences.
13.2 Each such user shall supply the Company with reasonable evidence of compliance with the above warranties within 7 days after receiving a written request for the same from the Company.